Saturday, 12 April 2008

DVD Cover Created

The natural progression from completing the DVD was the completion of a DVD cover which would surround the DVD jewel case.

The cover was made in Photoshop, an important image software, which I am not too familiar with, however I decided that Photoshop was not only the best piece of software to create the cover in, but was also a piece of software that I feel I needed to have more experience with, thus this choice would once again enhance my skills as a multimedia practitioner.

The first choice taken was to create the background from the the two images of the artist impressions I received of the new super stadium. The day photo was the background of the front and the spine, and the night photo has been merged with the day photo and is on the back.

I wanted the front to be very simple, by displaying the name of the DVD, and also a phtoo of the World Cup trophy standing out from the background. This is similar with the spine, with just the name of the DVD being displayed.

The back of the cover contains the most amount of content. The back contains screen shots, technical information, and text explaining the project and the DVD. I felt it was most important to separate all the different content into sections, allowing the content to not appear all clustered and over bearing.

The cover was altered many times to get the best look, the most important change (which was the final change), was to add an outer shadow to all the text, which brings it out from the background, and makes it much more readable and presentable.



The cover is one of the things I am most proud about in this project, and the feedback I have had (obviously I have received no feedback from the University, it is against their policy) has been very good.

No comments: