Thursday, 3 January 2008

Brief Advert Evaluation

So the advert was completed and handed in on time, it was the required length and contained what was needed. But was it a good piece of work?

I was fairly happy with the work over all, there were factors that had to be worked against during the work, but overall the advert was successful.



The following are the positives from the advert:


• The first scene, containing the beach worked very well and much better than expected. The original planning of that scene were a bit optimistic, but just from recording a poster in the correct light the same visual effect came across the advert very well. Good spontaneity.

• The narrative of the advert worked well, and I feel shows the concept of the advert well and gets the story across to the audience.

• The production of the advert does not come across too professional which is what was planned, as it also adds to the simple narrative of the advert.

• The lighting of the re-shoot works well in the second scene.



The following are what I consider to be the negatives taken from the advert:


• The transition from the first scene to the second scene. I would of liked the effect to be a bit more of a visual car crash effect to of matched the audio.

• The pack shot at the end of the advert should of been improved. Whilst it was known that there needed to be at least a three second pack shot in the advert, I considered it to not be as important as the narrative of the advert. In retrospect I would of liked to of re-film it, and have the background of the pack shot relating to the narrative of the advert.

No comments: