Thursday, 13 March 2008

First Careers Meeting

At 3pm today I had my first meeting with a career's advisor at the university. I had ventured into the building earlier in the morning, and arranged a fifteen minute appointment with a general career's advisor. Unfortunately the employee who specialises in multimedia / media was not in, and will not be back until after Easter, I decided that despite being constantly busy with university work, deadlines and on going deadlines, I would still have my first meeting.

I was quick to bring up the point about how my CV should look or should be designed, as mine is at least two years old, and I am fairly sure is almost redundant compared to my situation now.

The meeting was quite successful as we discussed CV's, covering letters, and what jobs I have looked at, and what I would like to do after my education. I would like to say that the meeting has suddenly sparked me into thinking about my life after university, but unfortunately I have been thinking about that for quite some time, and whilst working through the PDP work and have been looking at available jobs constantly, the unexpected huge workload of the course has really not helped me pursue any of this further.

However, with only the small matter of the biggest project we have had at university due in just after Easter, it was agreed with the advisor that I do attempt to try and revamp my CV, and attempt to write a covering letter to a company I have looked at. Whilst this was always going to be the case over Easter anyway (ideally), it has arguable given some more momentum in which to attempt to do this.

When I do come back to university after Easter, I will be booking a meeting with the specialist employee in my education study.

No comments: